Pupil Premium Spending
Strategies implemented include:
- TOE by TOE (a one to one reading intervention programme - staff as well as sixth formers are being used to work with Key Stage 3 students.
- IDL- A personalised computer programme to improve reading, typing and spelling.
- Creating an intervention room with 25 new IT machines.
- Student support building and redesign work.
- Purchase of Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Maths.
- Purchase of 34 maths tablets.
- Purchase of additional books in the library (target 10,000).
Total Cost £42,371
Staffing used to support pupil premium students:
- Deputy Senco
- Intervention manager
- Pupil Premium Tutor
- Nurture Group Tutor
- Families Matter Project staffing
- KS4 & KS3 intervention staff
- CAMHS worker (part time)
- Additional English and maths lessons
Impact on student outcomes:
Coursework grades have improved for 60% of pupil premium students since the launch of the intervention project for Year 11 in January and this will have a significant impact on GCSE results in the summer term.
Copyright Heysham High School © 2014. All rights reserved. Outlook