The school is led by the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, three Assistant Headteachers and two non-teaching Directors, who have collective responsibility for the leadership and management of the school.
- Headteacher - Mr. J. Shannon
- Deputy Headteacher - Mrs. N. Kirby
- Assistant Headteacher - Mr. A. Conway
- Assistant Headteacher - Mr. R. Pearson
- Assistant Headteacher - Mrs. R. Lynn
- Director of Business and Finance - Mrs. C. McKnight
- Director of Personnel and Administration - Mrs. J. Coltman
There are currently approximately 80 teachers, and the curriculum organisation is managed within the following faculties: Active, Creative, English, Enterprise, Life, Maths, Science and World. Each Faculty is led by a Director of Learning:
- Active -
- Creative - Mrs. S. Williams
- English - Mrs. S. Scarff-Hurst
- Enterprise - Mrs. G. Bearman
- Life - Mrs. H. Fitzwilliam
- Maths - Mr. J. Noblett
- Science - Mrs. S. McFall
- World - Ms. I. Mauboussin and Ms. E. Shirley
The pastoral organisation is based on a year system which runs from year 7 to year 13, with a house structure which runs across the students and staff. All teaching staff have a role within one of the subject faculties or departments, and a pastoral role in one of the year teams.
Heads of Year are:
- Year 7 - Mr. G. Finney
- Year 8 - Mr. J. Spooner
- Year 9 - Mrs. J. Crinion
- Year 10 - Ms. N. Furney
- Year 11 - Ms. D. Higgins
- Year 12/13 - Mrs. H. Fitzwilliam
Non-teaching areas are supported by an excellent range of staff, including administrators, teaching assistants, catering and site staff. We employ our own cover supervisors to deal with short term absences. Most departments are supported by Department Technicians, and Maths and English each have Teaching Assistants who work exclusively in those areas.
Copyright Heysham High School © 2014. All rights reserved.